Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekly Newsletter 9.6.13

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the wonderful items our kiddo's shared in their "Me Bags." We enjoyed seeing family pictures, baby pics, and items that were special to them. :) Some students will be sharing on Monday and we cannot wait.

Friday picture day was a success. Thank you Mrs. K. for making sure that our students had beautiful smiles. The boys looked handsome and the girls looked very pretty. (They are always adorable)

In Social Studies, our topic will be "All About Me" unit. This will tie into our Grade 5 standards. <

Theme: Regions and People of the Western Hemisphere

Strand: History

Topic Historical Thinking: Historical thinking begins with a clear sense of time – past, present and future – and becomes more precise as students progress. Historical thinking includes skills such as locating, researching, analyzing and interpreting primary and secondary sources so that students can begin to understand the relationships among events and draw conclusions.

Content Statement: 1. Multiple-tier timelines can be used to show relationships among events and places.

We lesson will be to create a timeline. I am so excited because I cannot wait to see all of the special events in my student's life.

Parents: If you could send 4-5 pictures in your child's life we will create our timeline. I understand how precious pics are. Your children are my son's age and I think digital cameras came around a few years after 2002. I will copy the photos, laminate them and return them ASAP. If you were able to print the digital on paper, I can laminate it as well. If you do not have a colored printer, please email them to me and I will print. Stephanie.Marshall@geaugaesc.org. I will send a hard copy note in case you did not read the blog. I would like them in by Tuesday or Wednesday.

This week we reviewed:

Spelling Words: in, is, you, that, it; 5th Grade Sight Words: exercise, dance, expensive, forecast, heart

Wilson Reading: Consonants

Vocabulary in Social Studies: longitude, latitude, equator

Writing: Our Address (Social Studies Strand - All About Me)

Math: Number Recognition and addition with manipulatives

Science: Weather Unit - KWL Chart on Weather.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with your family. Mine was busy as usual. My son had his first football scrimmage and my youngest daughters 4th birthday is today. :) Again, if you have questions, please email or call.

No comments:

Post a Comment